Chutney or glutney is a tasty and healthy vegetarian meal that will leave your taste buds craving more.
You may have many fruits or veggies at this time of year. This gluteny vegan veg meal is an easy way to preserve veggies throughout the season.
If you are looking for tasty, nutritious, and healthy vegan recipe ideas, you are here at the right place.
In this vegan recipe blog, I will discuss glutney and the ingredients used to make it.
What does mean by Glutney?
Glutney is a sauce known as chutney often use in Asian countries. It is a mixture of gluten-free grains, herbs, seeds, and spices blended to make a delicious and nutritious sauce.
The beauty of this easy healthy vegan meal is its versatility. By adding other spices and veggies you can customize it to your taste. Let’s first look at the ingredients needed to make this easy healthy vegan meal.
Vegetarian Ingredients Needed for a Healthy Glutney
Serving Size: 5 jars of healthy vegetarian meal
|3 tablespoon or as per requirment
|Chopped (2 tablespoon)
|Overripe tomatoes (skinned and chopped)
|Onions, peeled and roughly diced
|Dry chili flakes
|3 to 4
|Light brown sugar
Instructions to make this Quick Healthy Vegan Dish
- Peel and roughly chop the onions and tomatoes
- Chop 3 to 4 green chilies into small pieces
- Mix all these veggies into a bowl
- Grind the ginger and crush the garlic
- Keep ginger and garlic in a separate bowl
Heat the Pan
- Heat it over a medium flame and add some oil to the pan
- Add 1/2 teaspoon cumin, coriander, and mustard seeds, and cook until they begin to crack
- Add the minced ginger, 1-2 teaspoons of dry chili flakes, and crushed garlic
- Cook for about 2 minutes or until they begin to smell good
Add the Veggies
- Add the diced tomatoes and chopped onions
- Mix the chopped green chilies
- Add grinded ginger and crushed garlic
- Now add 250g of dried raisins and cook for a while
Add Other Spices
- Sprinkle the clove powder, black peppercorn, and turmeric powder over the mixture
- Stir the mixture thoroughly
- Add a little boiling water and cook until the chutney becomes thick, rich, and reduced
- Add 1 teaspoon salt, 250g light brown sugar, and fresh lemon juice as desired
- Allow the mixture to steam for a while
Here, it is ready to serve. The quick healthy vegan dish you make at home is delicious and versatile as a dinner addition.
Prep and Cook time to make this healthy vegan meal
Homemade chutney is quick and simple to make. The components’ preparation and blending usually take 15 to 30 minutes. You can save it in an airtight jar for later use.
Also Read: Easy Potato Carrot Soup Recipe
We have read about glutney and the ingredients needed to make it. You can now make this yummy and healthy vegetarian meal at home using my shared recipe.
Glutney is not just a sauce. It is an effective combination of flavours and textures. It can be served with your favourite meals or as a dip. Whatever you are eating gets an extra spice of taste and good nutrients by adding this vegetarian dish.
Is gluten a healthy and nutritious recipe?
Yes, glutney is a healthy balanced vegetarian meal. It has many health benefits. It is full of nourishing nutrients.
Can I tweak the ingredients in this healthy veggie meal?
Absolutely! You can change the ingredients according to your tastes or nutritional needs. Experiment with veggies, fruits, herbs, and spices to make special chutneys.